Continuing its advocacy on promoting road safety, the Motorcycle Development Program Participants Association (MDPPA) composed of the leading local motorcycle manufacturers in the Philippines, namely Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha has launched its ‘Safety Riding Photography Contest’ which aims to promote safe riding and the country’s tourism.
Motorcycle touring (Motourism) is gaining much popularity. Most destinations around the country are just great for exploring by motorcycle pristine landscapes, beautiful and serene coasts, jungles bursting with life and natural splendor. Everyone appreciates nature and more often store the experience by capturing the moments through their cameras.
According to the association, “While we take pleasure in riding, we need to communicate the message of safety and encourage everyone to have this outlook everywhere, anytime.”
With the theme, “Let’s explore and enjoy our wonderful world!” and “My Motorcycle. My World!” as its slogan, MDPPA is inviting motorcycle and photography enthusiasts to join promote safety and motorcycle touring in the Philippines.
Participants can submit their photos that exhibit the said theme until August 15, 2019. The grand winner will receive P25,000, P15,000 for the second prize and P10,000 for the third placer. Additionally, three winners will receive P5,000 each as a consolation prize.
Moreover, the top winning photo will be the MDPPA’s entry in the Federation of Asian Motorcycle Industries (FAMI) Photography Contest in Bali, Indonesia in September 2019 for a chance to win up to SG$4.000. Our representative will compete against other FAMI members from Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia.
**Interested participants may read the contest mechanics here: https://bit.ly/30gW9lw
How to Join:
- The contest is open to all Filipino photography and motorcycle enthusiasts aged 18 years old and above.
- Each contestant can submit a maximum of two (2) photo entries.
- Entry must be original material and have not been awarded by any other photo contests and/or commercially published whether for news, advertising or otherwise.
- Entries must promote motorcycle safety and Philippine tourism as the primary concerns and must virtually express the enjoyment of safe motorcycle riding.
- Photo manipulation and alteration are not allowed.
- Photo/ must be submitted through the provided portal: https://www.mdppa-inc.org/mdppa-safety-riding-on-motorized-two-wheels-photography-contest (*accompanied by a caption of not more than 100 words explaining/describing the photograph and its relevance to the theme.)
- Photo must be in JPEG, TIFF, or PNG format not exceeding 10MB, with at least 300dpi.
- Contestants will be required to provide the following information upon submission of entry. (Full Name, Date of Birth, Mailing Address, Mobile Number, E-mail Address, Photo (.JPEG, .PNG, .TIFF), Photo Title, Photo Caption (100-word description))
*30% – Content and Relevance to the Theme
*20% – Artistic Value and Communication Potential
*20% – Technical Excellence and Quality
*30% – Overall Impression
*100% – TOTAL